Recently I’ve had the chance to try the Maskcara Beauty line. This MLM company focuses on HACing (highlighting and contouring). The Maskcara beauty line is supposed to take the complications out of highlighting and contouring. I have been following the founder of Maskcara, Cara’s blog for many years now. And after countless reviews I decided to give it a try!
Products & Application
First, I want to explain the application process and the products I purchased. Youre going to build what she calls your IIID foundation. So, you should start with a highlighter, contour, cheek tint, and illuminator. Your Highlighter should basically be like a foundation for you, but should be lighter than your skin tone. I purchased to colors Aura and Moonlit. I purchased both just in case one was too dark. Next, you’ll have a Contour shade. Contour shades should be deeper than your skin tone. This will help sculpt your face by adding “shadows”. For my contour I used the color Walnut. Next, you’ll have a lip/cheek color. The color I picked is Pink Grapefruit Blush. To complete your face palette you’ll have an Illuminator. My shade is Honey. To apply these products I used the 30 Second HAC Brush. So the process for this is to Highlight on the bride og your nose, under eyes, and forehead. Then you go in with your contour on the edges of your nose, and underneath your cheek bone. Next, use your cheek tint on the apples of your cheeks. Finally, take your Illuminator and apply underneath the arch of your brows, and on the highest points of your cheeks. After all your product is applied, you’re going to blend and blend and blend with a damp beauty blender or the IIID Perfecter Sponge. Then, set with a translucent powder.
- The idea behind these products is great! Very intuitive.
- The brushes are fabulous. If anything, but the brushes. I bought the 30 Second HAC Brush, the I Shadow Everything Brush and the Multitasker Brush. They are all very sturdy and very well made!
- Aside from the IIID Foundation, I also tried over 14 of their eye shadows. They’re pretty nice! I’ve tried better, but I was impressed. Plus, they were a pretty good size for $12.
- Cara nailed the packaging for her products. It is seriously so cute.
- The IIID Foundation left my skin feeling stick and oily ALL day.
- The coverage was NOT full or even medium. The IIID Foundation gives very light coverage, and you could still see my blemishes underneath.
- It creases. So bad.
- By the end of the day it looked like I wasn’t wearing any makeup at all! It had all worn off just by going through my day-to-day routine.
In conclusion, I think I’m going to stick with my original go to foundation. Although Maskcara Beauty is a great idea, it didn’t provide the coverage or staying power I wanted. But, just because it didn’t work for me doesn’t mean it won’t for you! But even if it doesn’t work for you, at least the brushes are good haha! If you want to give it a try, by all means go for it! This post isn’t meant to dis on this product, I’m just sharing my experience and review.
Thanks for reading!
Hey there! I'm Abby. I'm just a blonde girl, with a blog, from a small town. I LOVE fashion and beauty and getting ready. And I am a firm believer in using clothing and makeup to highlight your best features, not mask them. I grew up dancing at a studio and on a team, and now I can't stop! (Thanks Mom). I love getting ready in the mornings and I love dressing to make myself feel good. It gives a certain sense of confidence that I love. I've started this blog with the intentions of sharing all my favorite things style and beauty with the hopes you'll love them too. I also want this blog to help other girls find what gives them confidence. Because there is nothing better than seeing a woman who KNOWS she looks good. Thanks for giving Girl With The Golden Locks a read! xoxo, abby